Here we go, heading in to the new year. Will 2019 have a new winner in the Premier League? Through 2018 it looked as if Liverpool would win it, their first time winning the Premier League, though they had won the First League Division 16 times through their history.
Tuesday, Jan. 1
- Cardiff City vs. Tottenham (Premier League) — It’s not two evenly matched teams, but Tottenham got upset by the Wolves they are looking to right the ship, every match they play is going to be entertaining. Or painful depending on your perspective.
- Derby County vs. Middlebrough (English Championship) — #4 vs #5 in the Championship face off, broadcast for us on ESPN+.
Wednesday, Jan. 2
- Newcastle vs. Man. United (Premier League) — Man. United have changed their coaches and are in the process of turning their ship around. Pogba has been excellent since they sacked Mourinho. Newcastle shouldn’t be a challenge, let’s see how they do.
Thursday, Jan. 3
- Manchester City vs. Liverpool (Premier League) — #1 vs. #2 in the Premier League meet. A clash of the titans.
Saturday, Jan. 5
This weekend are FA Cup matches, lots and lots of matches, but most of them are of teams below the Prem. or Premier League matches vs lower tier clubs, which makes it hard to pick what to watch. There’s only one that is Premier League vs. Premier League:
- AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion (FA Cup)
Sunday, Jan. 6
- Getafe vs. Barcelona (La Liga) — Barcelona are atop the Spanish league, Getafe are fighting to climb into the top squad. Plus, it’s got Messi playing, that’s almost always worth watching.